REOPENING PLAN FOR PFPC
REOPENING PLAN FOR PROVIDENCE FORGE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
On Sunday, September 20th the PFPC sanctuary is slated to reopen to in-person worship services. While Session has worked diligently to plan for this reopening, it is important to remember that many variables exist outside of Session’s control, including mandates from federal, state, and local health officials, which may impact the date and/or circumstances surrounding our targeted opening, or the ability to remain open. Despite the fluidity of the situation, Session offers the following implementation plan, which has considered input from many sources, including you, the congregation.
Worship at PFPC may look and feel different. There will be no hymnals, bibles, or pew cushions. In-person worship services will still be very interactive, although not in the traditional ways. Attending and participating in a worship service will require your cooperation before, during, and after each service.
Before the service
- Reservations will be required of all in-person attendees. An on-line reservation system will be rolled out in the coming weeks. Before entry, congregants will sign-in for the purpose of contact tracing.
- A waiver, which holds PFPC harmless, must be signed by all in-person attendees over the age of 18. Parents or legal guardians must sign for minors.
- All in-person attendees will have their temperatures taken prior to entering the sanctuary. Anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will not be able to enter the church, regardless of reservation.
- All in-person attendees will be ushered to a specific seat to maintain proper social distancing.
- Attendees are encouraged to arrive early as the entry and seating processes are time-consuming.
During the service
- All attendees will be required to wear a mask during the entirety of the service.
- There will be no Sunday School and there will be no Nursery.
- The congregation will refrain from singing.
- Children will remain in their seats during Children’s Time.
- The offering plate will not be passed, but offering plates will be available to accept your offerings.
- The choir will not sing.
After the service
- Ushers will dismiss all attendees, row by row, starting at the rear of the sanctuary.
- The pastor will remain in the pulpit until all congregants have left the sanctuary.
- Appropriate social distancing must be maintained while on church property, even while outside the sanctuary and in the parking lot.
In the initial phase of reopening, a maximum of approximately 30 people will be allowed to worship, in person, at PFPC to maintain social distancing requirements. The electronic Zoom worship service will continue, broadcast live from the sanctuary at 11:00am each Sunday. Members of our church family are encouraged to worship via Zoom if returning to the sanctuary is concerning, if they are ill, or if seating reservations are unavailable.
Currently, in addition to Sunday worship services, Session has authorized the church building to be utilized for Sunshine Nursery School and official church business including Session and committee meetings, and outreach activities associated with PFPC committees, approved by Session. At all times, individuals who enter the church building are required to follow all precautions and procedures established by the PFPC Session to ensure everyone remains safe and the building is clean.
Dear Member or Friend of Providence Forge Presbyterian Church:
The coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and agencies recommend social distancing. We are doing everything we can to be compliant with all regulations and to ensure your safety. We have put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, but we cannot guarantee that you or family members will not become infected with COVID-19. If you or a family member do contract COVID-19, please notify the Clerk of Session or call the PFPC office.
By participating in programs, services, and activities of our Church, you agree to the following:
On behalf of yourself and your children, you hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Providence Forge Presbyterian Church, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to your participation in our programs, services or activities. You understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of this church, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any church hosted or programmed event.
Member’s Signature: ___________________________________
Printed Name: _______________________________________
Names of Minor Family Members (if any):