POCAHONTAS TRAIL PROPERTY COMMITTEE 2021
PFPC’s Mission Statement: To further God’s Kingdom on Earth, one soul at a time.
PTP Team members are:
Ayars Lore, Chair Paul Robinson Gilda Black Cathy Davis Hayden VanDyke Barbara Lore Bill Hopke It is the Team & Session’s sincere hope and desire that everyone in our congregation express their thoughts to this team. During this journey we as a committee of the congregation must choose what is the best decision concerning PTP for our continued service to our God and his Son, Jesus.
PTP Background Information:
Since 1766 our congregation has worshiped in more than a few locations and for 75 years under the name of Providence Forge Presbyterian Church, and now we have taken the first step on our path into the future. On Wednesday, April 1, 2009 church members Martha Martin, Dwight Johnson, Pastor Steve Hodges, Ayars Lore, Susanna Hickman, Howard Gammon, John Phelps & Paul Robinson attended the closing for our new property located at 10100 Pocahontas Trail. The church purchased 12.9 acres from Gwynn Prideaux and Edwin Rhyne. This purchase marks the end of a 5 ½ year search and the beginning of a new era for our congregation.
Southeast.Northwest Elevation 10.8.17
Southwest.Northeast Elevation 10.8.17
We are currently on version 2 of preliminary drawings. With no major changes from this last review needed we will get the entire set of blue prints drawn with the next goal of using those plans to specifically bid the project.
Review of changes:
- Extended Sanctuary closet almost entire width of wall between 2 entry doors to increase storage space
- Added covered entries to 3 of the 4 exterior doors.
- Add walk-in closet to Sunday School room. Was a long, deep closet accessible from the hall. Now split in half with door from Sunday School to store materials.
- Relocated water heater location from closet between main baths to mechanical room
- Added baby changing stations to men’s and women’s bathroom and will be located on the sides of the vanities
- Kitchen changes
- Moved island prep sink to other side to face fridges
- Drew in 2nd fridge
- Moved location of range to the corner
- Stopped counter short of hallway and added a 5’x5′ walk in pantry
- Showed countertop along walls where it was not present before
- Added pass thru just right of hallway door
- Added double doors from kitchen to sanctuary. Idea is that the doors would be closed during service but then could open and be another pass thru for quick access from the kitchen.
- Overhaul of Mechanical, pastor and lobby area
- Changed orientation and depth of mechanical room. Added an exterior door for contractor access directly from outdoors. There is also a doorway from the storage closet inside.
- Changed pastor’s office orientation while maintaining proposed size. Now has access from secretary and hallway.
- Added a unisex powder room at front corner of lobby to be a quick access bathroom during a service.
- Showed stone veneer behind the exterior cross on the back of the sanctuary and changed the brick to grade skirt to stone veneer to match.